Friday 20 May 2016

A day in my life

It has just gone half past six in the morning. Naturally there are nearly a thousand things I need to do. The first of which is get out of bed.

But I can't. 

Or rather I won't. 

Outside it is both cold and dark, neither of which are conducive to removing one's self from the warm cocoon-like comfort of bed. 

The rubbish truck has just driven by for what seems like the tenth time. In reality it is maybe the third, there is still one more to come. (We live on a corner and he has to do both sides of both streets) His passing is a violent reminder that I must get up. There is no sleeping in on school days.

It is now nearly quarter past seven at night.

It has been a long and tiring day. One that is still not over. In half an hour I will be walking out the door for my night job. They say there is no rest for the wicked. I had no idea I was wicked. Given how little rest I feel like I get I must be though.

I don't mean to sound like I am complain. In fact I don't even mean to complain. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to work as much as what I do. Lord knows we need the money right now, it's just today was a big on minimal sleep the night before.

It is now just past ten am the next day.

The exhaustion of yesterday has somewhat passed, though I can still feel inklings of it hiding in the recesses of my being. I wonder if it will ever actually dissipate completely.

The washing machine is once again madly beeping away at me, pleading for its' contents to be removed and replaced with more clothes in need of a wash. A never ending fucking cycle.

Yes I know I swore.

My bad.

But this is a new place and with it new rules. Or maybe no rules. All my other writing spaces have been filled with ridiculous rules and regulations. No swearing, include a photo, make it this long, post this often blah blah blah. And really at the end of the day it got me nowhere. So for now there are no pictures or fancy layouts or anything really. Just words, and sometimes sweary ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment