Monday 21 November 2016

A sweary rant. Read at your own peril


While I sit here mindless staring at the blank screen willing words to magically appear I am also on hold to Telstra. Trying my very best not to explode into a million little pieces. I fear I may be failing.

We have been living at our current address since April last year. Yes that's right nearly twenty one months. We have had a Telstra account that entire time. About a month ago we thought it might be worth updating to the NBN. We had received a phone call telling us that our phone needed to be switched over to a new line and yadda yadda yadda. Getting NBN had always been on out to do list we just hadn't got around to it, but this seemed like just the push we needed. So we did it.

Apparently there was nearly a month wait for a technician and a box to be sent out. No worries we thought. We are in no rush. Today was supposed to be the day that it all took place. Only our box hasn't arrived.

What a surprise huh?

Only it wouldn't be such a big deal if our ADSL hadn't been turned off.

Yes no internet. Holy fucking smoke balls. How am I supposed to live in these circumstances????

At this very moment in time becoming a mass murderer is beyond appealing.

Now I know this may seem slightly extreme but it has been one of those days. You know the ones where the longer it goes on the more likely you are to end up rocking in a corner in the foetal position with tears streaming down your cheeks.

I fear I may well be at breaking point, that is of course unless I haven't already snapped.

The teenager is doing my head in.

I have no answers on how to deal not just with her but her after effects either. I can't cope. Anyone who said parenting gets easier as they get older obviously said that before they became a teenager.

Naturally the lack of internet right now is, in her eyes, all my fault. Of course. You see I disconnected the box this morning. On account of her being a right little so and so. Losing the internet is one of the few things I have left to take over her.

Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck it all. Sideways and wrapped in barbed wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment